On 12/05/2011 Sophie Gautier wrote:
On 12/05/2011 01:32, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
I kind of expected that a new site development would have been announced
here.

it seems that it's just what Andreas did ;) Consider it like Litmus, we
test the tool, try some dev on it to make sure it's the one that will
satisfy our needs, a rough dev is first done and then presented to the
community to see if everything is ok.

OK, this is an understandable choice. Managing Extensions and Templates
can be a bit more difficult than what one expects, so the "just do it"
approach might not be the best, but it is surely acceptable and it
indeed avoids discussion.

So now that Andreas has announce it, please, don't hesitate to test and
give your feedback.

Andreas appropriately described the current version as "very alpha":
this site (at this stage; I'm sure it will get better!) is definitely
not comparable to Thorsten Bosbach's new sites at OOo, and not even to
Michael Wheatland's prototypes from months ago. The chosen technology
does not allow me to give any useful feedback before the site enters RC
stage, but once it is in RC I'll try and upload my extensions there and
provide feedback. Just don't forget to announce on this list when it
enters RC, and congratulations to Andreas for the effort!

Regards,
  Andrea.