Hi Andrea,
On 12/05/2011 01:32, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
Andreas Mantke wrote:
I'm working on such an environment for LibreOffice for some weeks in
my spare time. I hope to solve some bugs in the product, that I
created for this purpose.

Ah, surprise! I admit I find it weird that there is a test website in
the .libreoffice.org hierarchy active since March or earlier, and a code
repository in the official hierarchy active since April, without any
notifications to this list. I understand that the Steering Committee
must have had their good reasons for this "silent" development, but I
kind of expected that a new site development would have been announced
here.

it seems that it's just what Andreas did ;) Consider it like Litmus, we test the tool, try some dev on it to make sure it's the one that will satisfy our needs, a rough dev is first done and then presented to the community to see if everything is ok. Coming with nothing imho always lead to a lot of discussions without clearing or hurrying the implementation.

Honestly I still like Thorsten Bosbach's new port of the existing
Templates/Extensions infrastructure more (and I wrote months ago that I
don't see the reasons for a dedicated LibreOffice extensions site, but
again I understand those who support this idea); you surely deserve to
be thanked for the effort, anyway, and I'm looking forward to seeing the
final result when the site is publicly announced!

So now that Andreas has announce it, please, don't hesitate to test and give your feedback. As he said, he only work on his spare time on it, so it may goes slowly, but if he gets some help, every body will be happy :)

Kind regards
Sophie