Hello Cor,

Cor Nouws wrote on 2011-05-10 09.33:

It is with some grieve that I have to read the thread here. But I too
feel that somehow it is necessary. On the one hand, Alexandro, it is not
personal. Each and every person is welcome to contribute. And as yo
show, you have done so. Thanks.
On the other hand, there are quite some experiences from the past, and I
have been part in that more than once, where, let me say it carefully,
the balance between participating for the whole and doing such for ones
own position(s) was not that good.
I've been upset by that personally, which is something that in general I
try to package in polite words of questions and not understanding. But
worse is that I have seen others being upset too and distracted from the
project. This is something we must and shall avoid in TDF and around
LibreOffice. This is the background for this thread - as you may or may
not have anticipated yourself.
Anyway: we met and talked more often. Feel free to contact me so we can
talk a bit more. (But pls after next Thursday).

thank you for your very wise words, Cor -- I absolutely share your feelings.

Definitely, Alexandro does a lot, and I do not want to question that. However, I myself am aware of some issues in the past that caused real issues and discussions, and also doubts. I have always been a friend of not digging too much in the past, of getting over things, and of working together on shaping the future.

However, this indeed involves talking, so I would very much welcome if you and Alexandro could talk, and try to sort out the issues -- either in public, or in private if desired.

I am the last to refuse contributions, but as long as there are many open issues and questions (and looking over to the OpenOffice.org lists, the questions to Alexandro seem to be the same here), I prefer to wait before adding the blog to the official planet.

My wish is that things can be sorted out, so let's work together on this.

Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108