Hello everyone,

Le Wed, 04 May 2011 15:20:10 -0400,
drew <drew@baseanswers.com> a écrit :

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 20:09 +0200, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
Hi Andreas, *,

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Andreas Mantke <maand@gmx.de> wrote:

there is currently as far as I know only a static site for the
upcomming conference.

As static as all silverstripe-managed pages - not sure what you mean
with static...

We used for the last OOo conferences a special managing tool.

What are the reasons for a special management tools / what are the
requirements that such a tool must fulfill?

[…] I worked also with the conference tool myself
and had to work around some issues. Thus I prefer to look for
another conference managing system.

So - what are your wishes for that tool - what must that converence
management system do for you?

Create a schedule?

I think we should in front of the call for papers look for such a
conference managing system, because it will be easier to get the
right start. In my opinion we need such a tool because we had to
manage presentation slots, attendes, rooms etc. later. That's
much easier with such a tool.

Well, as I don't have any experience with conference tools, I'd like
to hear more of those requirements...

Hi Christian, Andrea, et al

Just to add here, Christian's right, in that it would be good to make
some decisions on what you want to do (serve up via the web) now,
before how, let alone 'with what tool'.

While for no particular reason, here BTW, is a conference site with
schedules, blogs, announcements, video archive, pretty much the whole
laundry list of what might come to mind, quickly - and the web
developer used SilverStripe:

http://www.womensconference.org/a-day-of-transformation-2010/video/adohwt-morning-breakout/

I don't really care what we would be using (I would not even have used
anything in fact); but what we need is the following imho:
- quick deployment (let's not agonize over this for one month)
- something that is easy to use to input and collect the paper abstracts
- something able to handle registrations and tag specific users for
  specific events ("will you attend the evening welcome party on the
  12th of October? - click here if you plan to attend the event")
- besides that, something where we would be able to post papers and
  video feeds of conference afterwards.

Best,
Charles.
Best wishes,