Hi Daniel, *,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Daniel Gonzalez <gonzalezdr@gmail.com> wrote:

I know what are the characteristics with which we can count using the
SilverStripe, I would like to put a forum in es.libreoffice.org site as well

While there is a forum in Silverstripe (that is used for
user-registration), I'd rather advise not to use it.
I'd rather use dedicated forums that already exist instead of creating
yet another one.

as other important features that I think should have a community, as an irc
chat,

Similarily, I'd rather not add that to silverstripe, but refer to
http://webchat.freenode.net/ and other services.

I see no point in adding an irc-chat to silverstripe itself.

a site for blogs,

Do you mean an aggregator/planet or for registered users to host a blog?

a registration form and more.

Registration is via https://www.libreoffice.org/ForumMemberProfile/register

Management for project members (i.e. so that subsite-admins can add
registered users to be publishers/authors themselves is on the ToDo)

But I want to know if
this is possible with SS or we would have alternatives.

Well, with silverstripe you can do anything that php can do, you can
use ajax, and stuff, but of course you might write some code first.

I also want to know if we are allowed to create new pages even have the
option enabled in my SS session I wonder if we can create pages on its own
or whether they should be approved.

Sorry, I don't understand what you try to ask with this part.

Whether you save and publish in one go, or use save, then request
publication (so that a diff is posted to the publishers) is up to you.
There's no enforcement (obviously, as otherwise there wouldn't be this
option). You need to decide within your subproject on how you want to
handle it.
Either publishers can approve their own changes, or you say: No, even
when you got publisher rights, only request publication and have
another publisher approve it.

ciao
Christian