Le 2011-02-28 04:21, Erich Christian a écrit :
Hi Sophie, *

Am 28.02.2011 06:53, schrieb Marc Paré:
Le 2011-02-27 23:37, Sophie Gautier a écrit :
What I don't understand is why currently there is 2 DVD in US including
French, 1 in French and another in preparation by the German group that
will be international. May be it would be more effective to work on the
one that will be international or at least not duplicate the work.

Where is the announcement that the German group is working on an
international disk?

There has been no "announcement" yet because the environment is not
ready for multilingual use, so there's nothing to announce.
We did not think of one "international" DVD.

I think in some cases, we should think more of on a regional basis than international. It is just a matter of having the teams to keep up the work on the DVD once new versions of LibreOffice are announced. For groups where there are too few to upkeep a regional DVD version, then an international version would be more reasonable.

The idea is to use a second Silverstripe setup which we're using now for
the german DVD website [1] and DVD ui [2] with subsites in all desired
languages and access for all NL teams who want to create a DVD in their
languages.
Our Wiki page is here [3].

This is great! Our DVD is based on the LibreOfficeBox initiative, but with some modifications being made for North/Central/South American release. So it would certainly fit this criteria.

The DVD ui on the image is a static export of the Silverstripe site.
At time the cms is still running on kermit and has to move to bilbo for
easy distribution of the images.

As I do not read the intl. marketing list yet I've surely missed the one
or other announcement or description of efforts in this concern.
We're publishing the german DVD since 2005 and our team has moved to LO
right in the beginning of tdf. As we had to move from timon right before
3.3.0 was released and now will have to move again to bilbo there was no
opportunity yet to setup Silverstripe for international use.

I am copying this message to the US Marketing Team list as this is where the work related messages on the DVD are occurring. Maybe we could continue this discussion there? It seems to be the most logical place to discuss this as the topic is really about the DVD production for the American markets (all of them).

Cheers
Erich

[1] http://web.libreofficebox.org
[2] http://devel.libreofficebox.org/home-2