Le 2011-02-28 01:16, Sophie Gautier a écrit :
Hi Marc,
On 28/02/2011 08:53, Marc Paré wrote:
Le 2011-02-27 23:37, Sophie Gautier a écrit :

What I don't understand is why currently there is 2 DVD in US including
French, 1 in French and another in preparation by the German group that
will be international. May be it would be more effective to work on the
one that will be international or at least not duplicate the work.

Where is the announcement that the German group is working on an
international disk? Is this an approved version from the SC?

There is no announcement, I've read on [I don't remember which list] and
I don't see why the SC should approve it. Providing an international
installer doesn't request to be approved.
I have not
seen it mentioned on any list? Where are the 2 DVD in US and 1 in
French? Our wiki page on LibreOffice on DVD has been up for quite a
while.[1]

There is the one from Fabian, the one you're working on -> which are the
2 US and the one from the FR community.

Kind regards
Sophie

Fabian's version was put together for workshops and was not worked out with the N.American market in mind. I have not seen the one from the FR community ... could you point me to it?

The one we are working on, has a team of US Marketing team members contributors, 2 interested Spanish members from S.America.[1] The supported languages for now are: EN, ES (the two most spoken languages in the US) and FR-Canadian and BR-PT could be included depending on the feedback from the BrOffice members. We are very visible on the US Marketing list and have had many discussions about the disk with the members on the list. The initial target market was for N.America and with the interest of the S.American members we offered to include Central/S.Amer. along with the disc. The disc could then be called an Americas disk with files specifically targeted to these markets. There has already been concerns voiced in the US about the Hispanic groups being neglected and this should address these concerns. A disc made by North/Central/South Americans for their needs.

We also plan to offer a CD version.

Cheers

Marc

[1] http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Americas_LibreOffice_DVD