Hi Michael, *,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:11 AM, Michael Wheatland
<michael@wheatland.com.au> wrote:

The thing that bugs me is that I cannot change tabs in order to copy
text or insert a link reference once the comments popup is displayed.
Is anyone else finding this incredibly annoying?

No - as why would you still need to copy something when you're done
with your work and want to publish it?

There is no such popup for saving the page without publishing, in your
"will continue editing, but save now because I want to do something
else in the meantime".

Even if you would, you could just hit "cancel" to abort/dismiss the
dialog, do your copy'n'paste and then use save&publish once again.

Does anyone know if there is an option in Silverstripe to put the
commit comments inside the native UI rather than having an archaic
javascript popup?

Well, I see no point in having it somewhere "inside" the UI, as this
would be more troublesome to use. You always would have to
scroll/visit the tab-page with that control and that would be far more
frustrating IMHO.

I am at my wits end and am about to block the popup completely, which
would result in lack of versioning functionality?

Sorry, but I really don't get your problem. If you're not done with
the work, then don't publish. As easy as that.
If you want to paste something into the comment-box, copy it before
hitting save & publish, that isn't that hard to adapt to, is it?
just hit cancel, dialog is away, copy, hit save&publish and paste. Is
that really so annoying?

ciao
Christian