Hi Christian, all!

Am Samstag, den 22.01.2011, 02:40 +0100 schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
Hi Bernhard, *;

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:21 AM, Bernhard Dippold
<bernhard@familie-dippold.at> wrote:
Christoph Noack schrieb:
Am Freitag, den 21.01.2011, 17:36 +0100 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
klaus-jürgen weghorn ol schrieb:
Am 20.01.2011 01:38, schrieb Christian Lohmaier:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:04 AM, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol
<ol@sophia-louise.de>  wrote:

Self-explanation: People will have to read the text to understand the
item (and it needs to be translated?). And, the shape doesn't provide
additional clues (direction).

An (additional) arrow would be nice, but I don't know if it really works
without any textual explanation.

Added an arrow, but probably it's too small to be helpful...

Yes, it is a bit small, that's true ... but better than nothing :-) I
thought a bit about this issue, and I came to the conclusion that a
triangle might be better - but then it equals most of the scrollbar
icons. Thus, a triangle with a stroke above might be the right approach.
Usually, it is used for cd players, media players, ... to indicate "skip
until <something>". So, this might work - if available.

Something like:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Go-top.svg

What do you think of adding the link (not more prominent than at the moment)
with an additional upward arrow at the right *upper* corner of the text area
- directly below the navbar?

PS: Concerning Fitt's law I don't know if we need to make this button more
visible and larger. As people know where to click when they want to scroll
up (upper arrow besides the website's content area), they will look at this
position to place the mouse.

Well - before they can scroll up, they did scroll down, thus the
cursor is at the bottom area (when using the scrollbar in ther first
place).
So I don't really think you can apply Fitt's law in either case.

True, maybe I wasn't that clear - I wasn't specifically referring to its
size, but to its position. Applying them to a corner still does not
solve (for most window sizes) the "a corner can easily be reached via
mouse movement without looking at the screen"-idea.

Therefore I proposed to let it appear more or less in-between the site
content area, and the edge of the browser window. But, it may look
strange, so the showing it in a corner might be rather unobtrusive.

I now changed it to be at top-right instead of bottom-right, so you
get a feeling for it.

Cool, thanks!

Cheers,
Christoph