Hey guys, :-)

First of all, let's not get mad at each other. ;-) Let's just push
LibreOffice forward in a positive way. Let's be a good team.

I want very much to talk voice to voice with you all. In my
collaboration with Ivan and Christian, i found that voice contact is
important in establishing good rapports. So I feel our discussions
will be better when we sit down and bash things out during a confcall.

But I think I am arriving at a few conclusions. You know, when I
pushed the website forward from nothing back in December, I very much
wanted to achieve a goal: I wanted LibreOffice to have its website.

Now, I am satisfied because that has happened.

However, I am wondering whether this is not a good time for me to take
a step back from this area of the project.

My key area of interest in LibreOffice is in documentation. We have
many interesting things happening there with Alfresco, and there is a
lot work for me to do there, too. We have two developers working on a
great workflow for the documentation team, and it can also provide an
excellent tool for docs, and for interested i18n people as well.

Maybe what I wanted to achieve with the website is done. Now there are
maybe other interesting opportunities for the libreoffice.org website
- a different for it to go.

Christoph is very interested in Drupal. So is Michael Wheatland.
Michael is also seems to be very interested in developing
LibreOffice's website in exciting and imaginative directions.

IMHO, Michael chose an incorrect way forward when he chose to stand
aside from the SilverStripe site and develop his Drupal-based plans on
a lone path. That's the past, and a resolved problem - the
SilverStripe site is up and running now.

But I see a chance to bring him back into the mainstream of the
project by encouraging him (and his "Drupal boys") to take a leading
role in the development of the SilverStripe website as a superb
communications and marketing tool for Libreoffice and TDF.

I can still be there to play an assistive role in the wings, with some
great ideas, too. But Michael could take on the main written content
development role, working in close symbiosis with Christoph and Ivan.
I feel they will have a close empathy and an excellent working
relationship.

I feel that this is a novel and creative solution to what could
otherwise become a conflictual and unproductive situation. We will all
win. Most important of all, LIBREOFFICE and TDF will win.

What do you think? I am including Michael in this mail, and I want to
hear his feelings on this.

Me? I have big plans to take the documentation project forward, to
accompany the strong growth I feel can be achieved for our project.

David Nelson