Hi David, all,

David Nelson wrote:
Hi, :-)

On libreoffice.org, we have the various international sites of the NL
projects, with content in that particular NL.

On one or two pages of the English main site, there are translations
into a couple of languages for which there is an NL site.

My idea is that this is inconsistent, and that it can cause people to
believe that this is the sum total of localized content on the
libreoffice.org site, causing them to ignore the International Sites
page.
+1

I suggest removing them, because the NL sites already contain any and
all content you want in your NL language.

Thoughts?

For the present situation I don't see any reason why to host two pages (even if one is a redirect
of the other) with the same content:

www.libreoffice.org/[subpage]/[translation] and [nl].libreoffice.org/[subpage]

Removing the translations would allow to get rid of the additional line below the navigation,
leading to a more consistent look and feel.

There are just two points to mention:

1. I don't know if there are teams who don't want to admin their  full localized subsite. They are
the only ones who might profit from the current situation where they only translate a few pages. In
my eyes it should not be a problem to provide them with a "minimal set" of already created pages
(e.g. Main, Download and Features) they only have to fill with content.

2. If SilverStripe is able to read the browser's language, it might be a mid-term idea to have a
multi-language main page (presented in the user's language) while the links are leading to the
nl-pages.

This would mean to have the rest of the international site should move to en.libreoffice.org (a
step to improve the equality of different languages) while keeping the first impression consistent
(with an area dedicated to local particularities) and strenghtening the brand.

Both points are no hindrance to remove the translated sub-pages IMHO.

Best regards

Bernhard