Hi Narayan, *,

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Narayan Aras <narayanaras@hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]
It is difficult to believe that both sites are the result of the same product-brief.
One of them is clearly not meeting the customer's intrinsic needs.

The drupal development should focus about the technical aspects, not
about the content. If the drupal team would care about the content,
then they should do the discussion about that on the public list.

As I said before, any future-proof CMS is fine provided someone has done careful
feature-comparison.
Especially for the features that are required by the different stakeholders.

You're a couple of months late. We had that discussion already. and
silverstripe does meet all relevant needs.

Can SilverStripe or Drupal meet these needs better?
I have not seen any study put on line.

Has been done in the past. Executive summary "Silverstripe: Does it
out of the box, drupal has so many modules, so surely it can do the
same and more and has a bigger fanbase/more users worldwide" However
the drupal demonstration sites sucked badly at the time, thus SC did
vote for going live with Silverstripe.

That there has not been much content on the site surely is not the
fault of silverstripe. I'm very disappointed about this as well, but
the reason is that almost nobody did provide content to put up on the
site.

Thankfully David and Italo did jump in and are working hard to get
some content up that is good enough to make the switch from
"test.libreoffice.org" to "[www.]libreoffice.org"

ciao
Christian