Hi Drew, all,

drew schrieb:
On Sat, 2010-11-20 at 15:09 -0600, Carlos Jenkins wrote:
2010/11/20 Karl-Heinz Gödderz<devel@gukk-online.de>

there is a forum in drupal at: http://www.libreofficeforum.org/
can this be integrated?

Absolutly no problem, if you know the manager, ask him/her to send to the
Drupal Dev Team the Features involved so we can integrate it.

Abosolutely true - assuming Sam wants to be integrated, which I don't
think he does. Do ask, he was reading this list in the past wouldn't be
surprised if he isn't now also.

When Sam set up his forum, it was meant to serve as placeholder until the integrated forum has been established:

"I understand that a forum may be set up some day under the LibreOffice.org
domain. At any rate, maybe this current initiative will save them some
effort later on." (http://www.documentfoundation.org/lists/discuss/msg00302.html)

I'm quite sure that a forum (either Sam's, any other or a totally new one) can be integrated in the future Drupal website, but for the next months I don't think we should spend too much time in a forum integration in the SilverStripe website.

If redirecting http://forum.libreoffice.org to http://libreofficeforum.org would be easy from technical and legal POV, it would be worth to be considered.

Even better would be, if we had enough place to host it on our servers, so it wouldn't be necessary anymore to add the Google ads to the forum...

There is a second forum up already also:
http://www.libreoffice-forum.de/

The second site hasn't really advertised for users that I've seen, BTW.

Which in and of it self, in mind anyway, is a good thing.

Thee are plenty of web forums hosted by different groups and individuals
for OpenOffice.org. There are a lot of users and it's good that there
are plenty of choices for them.

We could go live with out a forum in the domain.

But I'd like to have them linked form the site.

As long as there are just slight differences between OOo and LibO a combined forum makes sense.

Later on, with growing distance, different forums (fora?) will be more appropriate (I remember how OOo user have been treated on the mailing lists, when they reported bugs they discovered in their distro version instead of the vanilla one...).

Best regards

Bernhard