Le 2010-11-17 11:20, Michael Wheatland a écrit :
Marc,
I disagree with Michael's assessment that the code development team has been
overlooked. There already is a placeholder for the code development team
under the 'contribute' heading. I have been following discussions about bugs
and development over the past couple of weeks, and there doesn't seem to be
a consensus yet about the structure and requirements for the code dev team.

Is there any need to raise the code dev team above all others within the
community, as is being suggested? Would having a link on the main product
information page to code development really bring about more code being
created compared to the team page being located inside the normal community
structure?

Personally, I think that anybody who has the skill set and the motivation to
contribute will be actively looking to contribute rather than stumbling
across the code dev page and then deciding to contribute.
In addition to this I would prefer to see a flatter community structure to
encourage equality amongst opinions, decisions and proposals. ie. I would
like to leave the Code Dev team page in the existing community structure
rather than breaking it out.

What are people's thoughts?

Michael Wheatland

Hi Michael:

Sorry, I maybe did not express myself well enough. I don't think that the devs need to be raised above all others within the community. I think that we all agree that the community is built on equality and that contributions from devs and members are equally as important.

My suggestion was that in all of our discussions, we seem to have missed speaking out for the developer team and that we should be a little more sensitive to that. I don't know if there is a dev advocate on this list who is watching out for dev interests in the website development. I know that they are pretty busy coding and bug quashing right now --- I am lurking the dev mailist as well.

I hadn't seen the placeholder on the Drupal site, so it is nice that this was put in for them.

No need to break out the dev page. We are the LO team.

Marc