Le 2010-11-12 22:22, Michael Wheatland a écrit :
How is DD/MM/YYYY a confusing format? The vast majority of the world
uses this format including the delimiter. - Little endian form
Going from smallest time increment to largest makes sense, it is
consistent in increment sizes ascending.
At work we often use  YYYY/MM/DD going from the largest to the
smallest, that way there is even consistancy in the hours and minutes
in decreasing in increment. - Big endian form.

Confusing would be any of these examples as they are not ascending or
descending.
DD/YYYY/MM
MM/DD/YYYY
MM/YYYY/DD

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_date#Little_endian_forms.2C_starting_with_the_day

It doesn't mix any formats. The format and delimiter IS the standard.
P.S. It's not German ordering. See the wikipedia article on the origins.

Michael Wheatland

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Christian Lohmaier