On 10/23/2010 12:08 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

Point to an existing Silverstripe site that:

You you just think it won't scale, but didn't see any indication for
that on the site.

Can you point to a single _existing_ SilverStripe site that has more
than a quarter of a million pages in it?

And no idea where you get those numbers from.

I'm looking at future growth.  Migrating from one CMS to another can be
extremely difficult and tedious.  Something that is best avoided, by
choosing a platform that will scale in both the amount of content and
amount of traffic that it will handle.

Thus far I've ignored the traffic angle, but can you point to a single
SilverStripe installation that has more than five TB of data traffic per
day? (That is the figure I've seen thrown around, as the amount of
traffic that the OOo website has on an average day.)

A NL project having 500 pages is already a big one (french NL project
for example has 532 html pages, and can be considered a large
project)- so please backup your claims with some data to verify, don't
just pull out some numbers out of nowhere.

I was extrapolating from the software project I help run. A project that
is several orders of magnitude less complicated than OOo.

As far as the number of languages goes, when you add up the number of
languages that the various flavours of OOo have available, you have more
than 100.  As such, it is not unreasonable to expect that there will be
that many l10n projects within LibO.

In terms of pages, if everything within LibO is documented, and each
item has its own web page, you will have several thousand pages right
there.

jonathon
--
No human will see non-list, non-bulk, non-junk email sent to this address.
It all gets forwarded to /dev/null