Thanks, Brian. That is very good.

On 5/3/20 8:52 pm, Brian Barker wrote:
At 18:28 05/03/2020 +1100, Keith Bates wrote:
I have been using the voice typing feature in Google Chrome to write some documents, then download them in .odt format for editing.

I find that it consistently starts a new paragraph with a lower case first letter. So I need to find the first letter of every paragraph in the document and convert it to upper case.

I thought of using Find and Replace with Regular Expressions, which is easy. ^[:lower:] finds every lower case letter which is the first letter of a paragraph. But when I enter [:upper:] in the replace box it simply pastes the text [:upper:] . I have both the "match case" and "regular expressions" boxes ticked.

Is there a way to do this other than going through the document and replacing manually?