[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] copying a ODS file and setting some cells to value in old file
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] copying a ODS file and setting some cells to value in old file
- From: Fred James <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 13:54:04 -0500
- To: email@example.com
(Please forgive me if this is a duplicate ... thank you)
I do this every year, but this year I am experiencing problems
OS Mageia 7, Plasma
The original file is an 18 sheet ODS file used for budget purposes
I can successfully copy the original file (in original location) to the new file (in new location), either by ...
open the old file and save-as (File -> Save As)
open Dolphin file manager, copy the old file, paste the file into a new location, and rename it to the new file
open a terminal and perform the copy operation there (cp oldlocation/oldfilename newlocation/newfilename
Then in the new file, I delete unwanted sheets and data to start the year fresh. Next I set the values of some cells in the new file, to the values of some cells in the old file. (Example: ='file:///home/fredjame/mystuff/budget/2019/budget_2019.ods'#$'TD December 2019'.F114)
This has always worked well in the past, but this year, I am getting an error in the destination cell ... at first that was ErrL514, and now it is Err:540.
Can you advise, please?
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] copying a ODS file and setting some cells to value in old file||Johnny Rosenberg <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-users] How to visualize columns without exponential numbers with E-0...
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] copying a ODS file and setting some cells to value in old file
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] How to visualize columns without exponential numbers with E-0...
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] copying a ODS file and setting some cells to value in old file