Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice Calc - Date - increase number times...

Den ons 11 dec. 2019 kl 05:51 skrev zed <zed@zed.net.nz>:

> Hi!
>
> Using LibreOffice v6.0.7.3 on Linux Mint v19.2 Mate
>
> I have a spreadsheeet in Calc which records data of reactions to a
> particular performer. It is in the form: It has Columns A - G.
>
> A - Name, fformatted as Text (records thre name of the persons doing the
> reaction)
> B - No, formatted number general (records number of times this
> reactors has reacted to the performer)
> C - First, formatted DD/MM/YY (records the first date the reactor reaacted
> to this performer)
> D - Last, formatted DD/MM.YY (records last date reactor reacted to this
> performer)
> E - Days, formatted =NOW()-D3 (records number of days since last reaction)
> F - Weeks, formatted =E3/7 (records number of weeks since last reaction)
> G - Months, formatted =F3/4 (records number of months since last reaction.
> reaction)
>
> Is there a formula that I can enter in Column B which will increase
> incrementally increase the figure by 1, please?
>
> Regards from New Zealand on a very warm summer evening.
>
> David
> --
> Zed

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking for here. So in column A,
there are names, as you said, and in column B there's a number that tells
you how many times the name in Column A appeared so far?
Then I guess the following would work:
B1:
=IF(A1="";"";COUNTIF(A$1:A1;A1))
Click and drag the formula downwards.
Now, for instance B17 looks like this:
=IF(A17="";"";COUNTIF(A$1:A17;A17))
The IF is just to not display a zero when nothing is entered into the
corresponding A line.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg