Re: [libreoffice-users] Appearance of hyperlinks in Calc spreadsheets

On 22/10/2019 22:35, Dave Barton wrote:

Sorry I can't accept that Ubuntu would have doctored their edition of LO to the extent of making it basically unusable.

At the bottom ofthe Styles & Formatting panel there is a drop down list which provides for various categories of styles to be displayed in the list. Do you see Hyperlink in the list when "All Styles" is selected from that list, as shown blow.

If you do not see this I recommend you uninstall the the Ubuntu repository edition and install the standard TDF provided edition.

Hi Dave - yes I did go down to this list at the bottom of the Styles and Formatting panel and I did try all the options there including 'All Styles'. And what I reported in my previous post was all that I see when using Calc.

I am, and have been for many  years, a regular and fervent user of styles in Writer and quite used to making myself some extra styles to suit my own use but in Calc, the choice is regretfully rather bare. I have never, over the years, had any reason until now to want to change default settings on styles in Calc.

However, I do have a Windows10 box kept for applications which will either not run on linux or not run well under Wine and that box has LO 6.1.5.2 installed from the LO website but never generally used. When I check Calc in that version on the W10 box, it displays the 18 styles shown in your image above.

I had not considered that Ubuntu might have stripped out some functionality but I suppose it might be so. I cannot see why they might have felt that it should be stripped out of Calc while maintaining it in Writer. If the reduced number of styles is not down to the difference between Calc 6.0.7.3 and  Calc 6.1.5.2, then it must be down to Ubuntu - perhaps they built on an older, more restricted version without due care ?

Philip