[libreoffice-users] Appearance of hyperlinks in Calc spreadsheets

LO 6.0.7.3 in UbuntuStudio 18.04 LTS

In a Calc spreadsheet, I have a column consisting only of hyperlinks to websites. They are correctly formed and work fine with Ctrl-click.

My problem is the appearance of the column. Each link is in black text backed by a dark gray background colour (like indications of 'fields' in Writer).  That makes it difficult for me to read. My preference would be black or even blue text on a plain white background like the rest of the spreadsheet.

The Help file provides the same information for formatting hyperlinks under Calc as it does for Writer. Essentially it suggests changing the attributes via character styles > internet links. I can't find any access to character styles in Calc let alone internet links styles. Nor is there anything applicable to hyperlinks in cell formatting.

(And in any case, the Help text doesn't apply even to my version of Writer either - but in Writer, I can at least change paragraph styles to get the effect I would like).

I think I have searched thoroughly but I know it's easy to miss some details so I'm appealing for any useful tips that you may be able to provide to help me modify these attributes.

Philip