[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Advice needed on reporting a bug
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Advice needed on reporting a bug
- From: "W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof." <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 07:42:39 +0000
- To: Tom Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 22 Oct 2019, Tom Williams wrote:
> Hi! I have a Word document that I downloaded from an online Sharepoint
> site that appears mis-formatted in LibreOffice Writer 22.214.171.124 on Ubuntu
> 19.04 Linux. It appears as if the page breaks are off. In any event,
> the document is a legal document so I'm not willing to post the document
> "as is" in a bug report, if I end up filing one.
> What would be a good alternative to preserve the information that shows
> the formatting issues but not include the other legal information, in
> the document?
> Thanks in advance!
One possibility is to replace all characters by something else. For
example, in Find & Replace, turn on 'Regular expressions' (under
'Other options') and replace '[a-z]' by 'x'.
When you say 'the page breaks are off', do you mean that the page
breaks occur in different places? Are they off by only a little? Maybe
it's because the document uses a font that your system doesn't have so
the font is being replaced by a font with slightly different font
I believe that sometimes the formatting won't be quite the same even
between different versions of Word, much less between Word and another
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|[libreoffice-users] Advice needed on reporting a bug||Tom Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Experimental macro features: How to determine object types?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Appearance of hyperlinks in Calc spreadsheets
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Advice needed on reporting a bug
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-users] Appearance of hyperlinks in Calc spreadsheets