[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] word completion
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] word completion
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2019 11:24:00 +0000 (UTC)
- To: email@example.com
Ive been having some difficulties with word completion. Is there a way to restrict the suggestion list to a particular document? I am in the middle of editing some latin texts with english translations (in separate documents) and it would be nice to have only latin words offered as suggestions in the latin documents and only english words in the english docs.
Also, are there ways to:
1. Remove a word from the list of suggestions (without closing the document) i've tried tools-autocorrect-autocorrect options-word completion and deleting an entry but it doesnt stop that entry being offered as a suggestion
2. Completely clear the list (again, without closing the document)
3. Choose between compatible entries in the list. I know you can simply continue typing the word but that kinda defeats the object. For normal words its not too much of a problem and i probably wouldnt use autocomplete (much) but its a real pain when special characters form part of a word as they can't be easily typed from the keyboard (at least i havent found a way of easily and quickly getting the particular characters i want) and the required word is in the suggestion list but gets "trumped" by another word which has the same previous characters.
What would be really nice is to have the option to manually build the selection list so it contains only desired words rather than having words added automatically. Perhaps there is such an option and i just havent found it yet?
LO version 126.96.36.199
Build 1:6.0.7 0ubuntu 0.18.04.8
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] word email@example.com|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Experimental macro features: How to determine object types?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] add newline between table and page break
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] word completion
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] word completion