[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- From: Harvey Nimmo <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 21:12:05 +0200
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 20:55 +0200, Harvey Nimmo wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 14:05 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I need some help with converting a number (in a text field) to a
> > different type.
> > The type of number is time, and it is in the form of:
> > hh:mm:ss
> > I need to convert this to just minutes, rounded up, so if ss is
> > more
> > than 30 it adds another minute.
> > I'm at a loss as to how to even start (I'm not a spreadsheet
> > guy)...
> > I would appreciate any pointers on how to get this done...
> > Thanks!
> You might like to try the following.
> Given that your value is in field A1 in the form hh:mm:ss
> then you can do the conversion by entering the following in another
> It doesn't seem to matter if the value in A1 is in time format or
> I'm sure there are buffs out there who could offer a more elegant
> solution, but the above seems to work all right for the cases I
There is a slight error in the above. The formula should read
'SEC' is the secant function. Also 'MIN' would also be wrong since it
calculates the minimum of a set of values.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion||Tanstaafl <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|[libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion||Tanstaafl <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion||Harvey Nimmo <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice Base fails to connect to remote mariadb
- Previous by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Help with formula - number conversion