[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Tabs in selection of text
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Tabs in selection of text
- From: Carl Paulsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2019 20:37:37 -0400
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have a number of "paragraphs" of text (job listing section of a resume) for which I'd like to add tab stops. I select the lines and click the tab stop I want, then click in the ruler, but nothing happens. I see no menu item to format tabs, though I did stumble into one dialog box with Tabs that required manual setting and it was unclear just where those tabs would be applied. In any case, I can't find that any more.
In the help document (https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Inserting_and_Editing_Tab_Stops) it says for changing one or more paragraphs: "Select the paragraphs, then click inside the ruler." That is most definitely not working. Finally, if I clear all formatting, I get the default tab stops and could re-format the entire section that way. But that's a bit of work given all the formatting I'd lose.
What do I do to quickly and simply edit tab stops, and why is it so difficult in LO?
FYI I find the Styles aspect of LibreOffice to be entirely unintuitive and I've never been able to work with them. I realize that should be a goal but it's not possible in my current timeline.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Tabs in selection of text||Dan Lewis <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Tabs in selection of text||Brian Barker <email@example.com>|
|Re: [libreoffice-users] Tabs in selection of text||Steve Edmonds <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Inserting a Trademark Symbol in Label
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Concatenate Function inCalc
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] Inserting a Trademark Symbol in Label
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Tabs in selection of text