[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-users] Mailing labels from mail merge
- Subject: [libreoffice-users] Mailing labels from mail merge
- From: Carl Paulsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 16:37:02 -0500
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm trying to build a set of "Avery 5160" labels to match the letters I'm printing via mail merge, using the same spreadsheet data source. When I select Mailing Labels as the new document type, I am presented with a drop-down list of databases. I've registered the spreadsheet during the letter creation (though it has seemingly created the database multiple times, as it shows me 4 or 5 options with the same name) but when I select it in the labels dialog, it shows no tables and no fields.
Help! How do I get the "registered" databases to show me the fields and data?
The mail merge process seems to be pretty cumbersome. Aside from this problem, labels aren't created the same way Letters are, and I had to search and try things for hours to figure out how to insert address, salutation, and other fields manually (I don't like the address block approach of the wizard). The system seems to think my merge documents are damaged, launching the recovery system every time I open them (see my other post), and discarding the auto-recovery entries doesn't help. This really shouldn't be so hard to do.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-users] Does something like this exist for LO?
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-users] Auto recovery problem
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-users] (urgent) shift+down always selects TWO cells in a table
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-users] Mailing labels from mail merge