 On 10/15/2010 4:33 AM, Florian Effenberger wrote:
Hi Barbara,

Barbara Duprey wrote on 2010-10-15 00.20:

Since the community seems to have control over these messages, I'd like
to see the trailer say:

For help with list usage, including how to subscribe or unsubscribe,
please e-mail to users+help@libreoffice.org.

the problem is, that this is too long, as we had reports from Google Mail users complaining there is a line break after the +
So, we had to keep it rather short.

In that case, to avoid awkward breaks, how about "E-mail to users+help@libreoffice.com for help with list usage, including how to subscribe or unsubscribe." Or leave out the "including" phrase in my original suggestion. Saying that's how to get help is accurate, and much less confusing than implying that it will unsubscribe you.

But let's see and improve the footer step by step. Maybe the idea with a dedicated mailing list page is good.

Could you expand on that, please?

Since you seem to know what's going on here, is the discuss list
subscription working yet? Also, does the message number used in the +get

Err, sure, it always worked? discuss+subscribe@documentfoundation.org

When I first tried, at the same time I subscribed here, I got an "undelivered" message: