At 18:19 10/02/2016 +0100, Jean-Philippe Mengual wrote:
I've just noticed that:
1. Open a Calc file
2. Copy or cut the full sheet
3. Paste it in Writer (a blank doc)

On [Microsoft] Office (Word), the pasted table from Excel to Word is in editable form, browseable through keyboard, etc. On LibreOffice, the Calc table is inserted as an object. Consequently, it seems that I cannot edit it. More boring, I can't browse it with the caret. It becomes a big a11y issue.

What you see initially is how the output will appear if you print your text document. You can, however, browse and edit the spreadsheet material. Just double-click the inserted object or use right-click | Edit.

There are many ways that you can paste spreadsheet material into a text document, which you can access using Edit | Paste Special... (or Ctrl+Shift+V) instead of ordinary paste. You may want to look in particular at "DDE link". Note that some styles maintain a link between the two documents (but which can subsequently be broken), so that modifications to the spreadsheet are carried into the text document. You may want to experiment to compare the effects of the various techniques.

Should I report it as a bug, e.g. in a wishlist?

Probably not.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker