On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 1:40 AM, C&A Säger <saegerei@t-online.de> wrote:

Download this artbitrary database document with an embedded HSQLDB:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/download/file.php?id=22304

Run this:
SELECT  * INTO TEXT "exportTable1" FROM "Table1"

which creates exportTable1.csv in the same directory where the document
lives.

...and it does work. So I tried again on my original database and a few
others.

It worked in my other embeded HSQL databases except for two exceptions...

#1 The database and table I had been trying with from the very beginning.
There it continues to fail. The only distinctive feature of that table is
it was created by importing an Excel spreadsheet.

#2 A table with a blob field failed if I used "select *". It did not fail
with that table if I listed fields and did not include the blob field in
the list.

So now I need to create another table by import from Excel. If that table
cannot be exported "into text" then I suspect the import from Excel is
creating some sort of problem that prevents subsequent "select * into text"
operations on the table. If I am able to "select * into text" then time to
several fields are preventing the export.

Anyway, this has been an interesting exercise.