Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: LibreOffice Still?

On 9/30/2014 8:54 AM, Charles-H. Schulz
<charles.schulz@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> I am sorry to say this, but what is ridiculous here is the inability of
> some to even understand what is being discussed.

Oh, I understand what is being discussed.

What you don't understand is the complaint.

> Fresh is not testing. It has never been "testing".

I'm not arguing about what 'Fresh' relates to.

I'm saying that creating these totally new, never before head of terms
to describe different branches of software - ie, 'Fresh', 'Still' etc -
rather than using some standard terms/terminology that actually are used
by many different projects (admittedly, there is some amount of
variation) - ie, 'Stable', 'Testing', 'Development' - is what is ridiculous.

Use STANDARD terms, then precisely define THOSE.

If you really insist on having two different 'Stable' branches, then
name them something like 'Stable-New' and 'Stable-Old' or something else
that makes much more sense than 'Still' or 'Fresh.

Of course, if you just enjoy *creating* confusion, then by all means,
continue reinventing terms with new ones that no one understands and
sound silly on top of it all.