Hi

On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 13:41 +0200, Ferry Toth wrote:

All this is true, but you might want to consider if you really want to
use the built-in HSQLDB database for serious stuff. It is all java,
which will never be really fast. Even with the java issues solved.

With an external database you can avoid using the jdbc driver and
instead use the SDBC driver.

With debian and ubuntu (oneric, since yesterday) the postgresql sdbc
driver (>0.8) has been included which gives GOOD results with postgresql
serves >= 8.4. (thank you, Lionel)

If you do not like PostgreSQL, another option is MySQL/MariaDB

Windows users will need to wait until someone make the driver available
as an extension.

See http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/PostgreSQL-SDBC

I have also tried the native mysql connector which works fast, but still
has some issues (I did not get autonum fields to work, but that may be
just me, also headache with special characters (unicode translation
problems) ).

Ferry