Hi :)
It is sometimes difficult to remove all traces of OOo.  It might be better to
use this guide to reinstate OOo

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel

and then check which dependencies are missing for LibreOffice or just reinstall
it?

It might be worth installing the LibreOffice 3.3.3 alongside the 3.4.2 because
it's a more stable version.  The 3.4.2 is "for early adopters" (equiv of
development branch) but i thought the 3.4.x were slightly better at MS Office
conversions.

In the virtualised Fedora did you install LibreOffice from the Fedora repos?
There might be some slight tweaks in versions in repos and it might be good for
LO devs to know if there was an improvement!

Note that some files convert more easily than others.  Files made with MS Office
2007 sometimes look wrong in MS Office 2010 and vice-versa but i don't think
that's the issue here.

Developments happen fairly fast in LibreOffice but MS have a strong motive for
making sure that everyone has to upgrade to their latest versions so it is
always going to be catch-up work until Open Document Formats become more
common-place.

So, it might be good to give people links to LibreOffice or almost any other
Office Suite so that you can use native ODF formats with them.  It might save
them the cost of buying a newer version of MS Office just to keep up!
Regards from
Tom :)