On 07/19/2011 11:53 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
Hi All

Am I being stupid

Know I am :-)

On Jun 27 I asked about Subforms and Photos.

Difficult question requiring thought. No idea what your question is, but I have used photos in subforms, but I have found Base and LO sufficiently fragile (Things that used to work no longer do, etc.) I have not decided if I will continue to use it or switch to something else.

On Jun 30 I asked about combining fields

No idea what that means, but, another difficult question probably.

And on Jul 17 I asked about Queries.

Even more difficult.

I really wonder why I get no replies.

Likely it is not you, it is the people who deal with the list.

_A new question_ - I know and use the 'Like' statement when searching my Database but wonder if there are other Statements like this? I could really use one the looks for a string _within_ the field. Does one exist? ie if a Member's eMail address is "Africa.John@abc.com" I would like to look for all addresses that have 'John' _within_ them.

I would use 'like', as you said.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php