On Tue, 19 Jul 2011, NoOp wrote:

It's not unique to LO. I don't have slackware (I use Ubuntu), however I
did find this for slackware:
<http://nigglingaspirations.blogspot.com/2009/10/installing-ttf-fonts-in-slackware-122.html>

NoOp,

  I've had no problems with any of my installed fonts with Red Hat or
Slackware ... until now. :-(

No. I am asking for the type of the specific font that you cannot display
in LO but can in other applications. Pick _one_ font for testing, then
tell us the exact filename of that font:

  OK. The Bitstream BakerSignet typeface is ls 1152a___.* The .atm follows:

StartFontMetrics 3.0
Comment Copyright 1987-1992 as an unpublished work by Bitstream Inc.,
Cambridge, MA.
Comment All rights reserved
Comment Confidential and proprietary to Bitstream Inc.
Comment Bitstream is a registered trademark of Bitstream Inc.
Comment Creation Date: Tue Sep  8 17:27:57 1992
Comment UniqueID 15532117
Comment VMusage 31884 34782
Comment Bitstream AFM Data
Comment bitsClassification Calligraphic 715
Comment bitsFontID 1152
Comment bitsManufacturingDate Tue Sep  8 17:27:57 1992
Comment bitsLayoutName StandardEncoding
FontName BakerSignetBT-Roman
FullName Baker Signet
FamilyName Baker Signet