Le 27/06/11 14:59, Ian Whitfield a écrit :

Hi Ian,

I'm trying to re-set-up my Members Database on this platform with a
SubForm to record eMails and Photographs. I had this working, (without
the SubForm), in OO Base but it will not open in LO so am trying to
re-create it.

Re your original file, what exactly do you mean, it will not open ? Do
you get an error message when trying to open it ?

Will the SubForm be a part of the main Form or will it come up over the
top of the Main Form with a button? If the latter how do you do this
Button?

Generally, the subform will be part of the main form. It can be
contained in a section of the document that, in theory at least, can be
made to be hidden depending on a condition set in the main form, i.e. so
it is only revealed when a certain condition is met. I have
unfortunately never managed to achieve this and conditional fields
appear to be hosed in at least some versions of LibreOffice at the
moment (judging by a recent bug report I read on freedesktop bugzilla).

The main question however is 'How do you do SubForms?' I have gone
through all the Forums and Googled for details and the more I dig the
more confused I get!! AND nothing seems to work and different "answers"
seem to contradict each other.

Can anyone give me straight forward step-by-step instructions please? I
have my main 'Contacts Table' and an 'eMail Table' and a Main Form
called 'Contacts'. I have set the Master Key called "ID" to be the link.
But that's as far as I get.

Did you manage to get this working in the end ? Tom Cloyd had a thread
running in this mailing list about how to get subforms working - did you
read that ?

This seems like a good direction to go in because it will cut down the
size of each record and would give me the added benefit of automatically
being able to update the photos on-the-fly by just over-writing the
photo in the folder with a new one which the DB will fetch next time you
open it!!

In the past, this problem has been managed by using a VARCHAR field to
store the complete path to the image file, and then writing a macro
associated to a button on your form that took that path and used the
file system to display the image in whatever image display software was
configured as default on the system.

You might like to read this thread to get you on your way :

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=73329

However, with the release of OOo 3.2.1, it finally became possible to
bind an image control to a text field, and this text field was then
parsed to display the image pointed to by the value of the text field :

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Base/New_features_in_3_1#Image_controls:_can_be_bound_to_text_database_columns.2C_interpreting_their_content_as_relative_link_to_the_image

I have never tried this feature, so have no idea whether it works in the
current versions of LibreOffice.

Alex