Hi :)
I don't understand Macros but Chapter 13 here
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
might help.  Which file-format is the file in?  Is it an .xls or .xlsX (from MS
Excel) or is it an .ods?  MS do their macros slightly differently so it can take
a bit of lkuck gettign them to work sometimes.  There are compatibility switches
on
Tools - Options
but i'm not sure if they really help with macros.

Hopefully someone might be able to give a better answer later!  Apols for this
one.
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)