Am 20.06.2011, 02:15 Uhr, schrieb Thomas Jung <thomas.jung@public-files.de>:

Hello,

how can I disable all this automatic "rescaling" features
in Impress?

Right-click on the frame, then "position and size" (German: Position und Größe), then in the "Position and Size" tab uncheck the "fit height to text" checkbox ("Höhe an Text anpassen").

If I try to resize the text/content-box in the master and would
like to "snap" that textbox to the grid, Impress auto resize the
height, even if I only try to resize the width.
It's really annoying and would like to disable such a feature

The idea is that the text should still fit into the box, so as long as "Höhe an Text anpassen" is checked, it will wrap the text and then change the height of the box so it still fits in there. Sometimes this is not obvious because you may have some empty lines under the actual text, and the box fits those, too. Usually, if you have no empty lines and there's enough space for the text, the height will not change automatically if you change width.

Actually, it's slightly more complicated: If you make a box of some height, that is stored as the intended height. The box will not become smaller than that from automatic dscaling, but will expand if the text doesn't fit in (either because you typed too much or you decreased the width). If you have such an automatically expanded box and remove text or increase the width, the height will shrink back to the value you specified in the beginning. You can change the intended height any time by just changing it manually. It will then use the newly set dimemsions as standard (but of course will expand if necessary).

All this is of course unless you disable the option to automatically scale it, in which case the text may not always fit inside the box, which can look stupid. So you'll have to take care of that yourself.

... I hope that was coherent enough :)

 Zak