Hi Tom

Tried - as you suggested (ever hopeful)

It works of course the way I want it, when I do download the new saved spreadsheet with the autoinput turned Off . However, if I now turn On the autoinput at any point (as would be everybody elses by default), it starts that autoinput. As I originally thought, its not a function of the sheet itself - so I am looking for another answer.

thanks

John