Roxy Robinson <rocmar62@ranchwireless.com> writes:

And, once again, you are talking about an issue that is more OS specific than it is
OO or LO specific.

In which way? Can you specify a default pasting style with versions of
LO that run on Windows or MacOS? Do people using Windows or MacOS always
want to paste the way LO has made an unchangeable default and never
paste "unformatted text" or whatever other styles there are?

It doesn´t make any sense to me that the default pasting style (or
however you may call it) is unchangeable, and that doesn´t have anything
at all to do with what operating system I´m using.

You folks that use the Linux type OS's think you are the only people
on earth, I suppose because both your OS and OO/LO are open source
software.

I could say the same about users of other OSs.

Therefore, you are better than, especially us that may be using
Windows.

Am I?

I can only speak for myself, and I don´t expect anyone to have the same
point of view I have. Nobody in this discussion has yet explained why
being able to set a default posting style would be a bad feature because
they are using a particular OS. If you think that is the case, you´re
welcome to explain it.

I have been on other lists that are pretty much the same way.  I came
to this list because I had 2 problems. I pretty much found the answer
to one on my own while arguing with your folks here. The other problem
I've encountered on my last 3 installs has been completely ignored. So
I really don't care if you solve each other's problems or not. Quite
often, you are comparing apples and oranges, and that is one issue I
learned a very long time ago its best to completely ignore! What works
in Windows, may not work, and will definitely work differently in
Ubuntu, and vice versa. This part of the issue was just barely touched
on by someone else in one of the first postings I saw after joining. I
don't think I have seen another post from that person since.  So,
goodbye!

It´s always a possibility that nobody has had the same problems you
encountered, so nobody was able to help. That a problem cannot be solved
with answeres from a mailing list happens to me as well. What do you
expect?