Am 07.06.2011, 10:32 Uhr, schrieb plino <pedlino@gmail.com>:

Actually I am almost sure LibreOffice added that feature first

http://www.libreoffice.org/download/new-features-and-fixes/

This is not the feature I was talking about, although it does sound similar. The difference is discussed at length in the OOo issue I linked to.

Short version: The LO feature is an import filter that tries to translate svgs into draw objects. Which is nice, but if you look close enough at the screenshot you see the difference: No blurring, only simple colour gradients and so on. That's because draw can only do a small subset of the svg specification (which is completely okay, it's office software)

But for the purpose I'm talking about, this is not necessary, which is embedding. I can embed PNGs, JPGs, to a degree also vektor formats like EPS and EMF, but the latter are not always shown cleanly. Now, since 3.4 beta, OOo can actually embed SVG images. So I can treat them just like any other image and not worry about scaling styles and/or fonts, and whether draw supports layered, blurred transparency gradients with variable linewidth.

I haven't got the developer version of LO, but the last release still tries to import SVGs, and I could not find any entry about the topic in the bug list.

  Zak