On 03-06-2011 00:35, PLO wrote:
Hello Larry,

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 16:07:37 -0600 (your time) you said:

But, as you pointed out, it does not recognize two sig delimiters in a
message.

Actually, I'm afraid you misread something because I didn't point that out.
I pointed out that the list appended a cutline to the end of the message.
The Bat! behaves as you would expect a proper, well developed email client

The Bat behave as YOU would like it to behave....

to behave and recognises the last signature delimiter in the message as the
signature boundary; that's exactly where it should be! The fact that
Thunderbird behaves differently in this respect doesn't translate to

Thunderbird behave like I (and some others ;) would like it to behave

'Thunderbird is a superior email client'. On the contrary in fact.

I'm not questioning superiority ;)

Furthermore, the issue wasn't about whose client was better than the other,
heaven's above, and it really isn't about that now either...and my email
client isn't defective because it does what it is supposed to!

The real point is that the list subscription information that is appended to
messages does not constitute a signature, and so should therefore not be
appended to messages preceded by a cutline. A simple series of dashes or an
continuous underscore above the list information to separate it would
suffice and wouldn't interfere with the author's signature. As I said, not
the end of the world but...

i googled a bit, and found:
http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/signatur.html
The question of a proper signature can cause perhaps more arguments than
any other single netiquette issue (besides spam). Superficially, and
technically the main issues would seem clear:
* No more than *four* lines. Occasionally called the "4-line McQuary
limit".
* Use "-- " as the beginning marker.

Unfortunatly there is nothing about having two signatures in one
mailmessage...

Please feel free to email me off list if you want to further discuss email
clients, but I don't think a Thunderbird vs The Bat! and everything else is
what this topic is about. Well, I certainly didn't intend it to be about
that.

no, but thanks, i'm not really interested in a discussion about email
clients, because they should simply do what u users expects from them.

All the best

thanks...