On 05/25/2011 03:21 PM, Cor Nouws wrote:
Tom Davies wrote (25-05-11 23:53)
Lol.

Lol too

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan

Release cycle of 6 months, does mean in our case approximately 6-7
releases a year.

No. It means the "final" releases are (I suspect) in sync with Ubuntu
releases:

<quote>
Synchronizing our time based release schedule with the wider Free
Software ecosystem also has huge advantages, by getting our new
features, out to users as quickly as possible - with a minimum of
distribution cycle lag. In consequence, we will aim at six monthly
releases, and over time nudge them to align well with the March /
September norms.
</quote>

Seems to indicate that LO are bending over to Ubuntu/<possibly other
distro> release schedules. Let's see... Ubuntu releases are April (hence
the LO March time) and October (hence the LO September time)...

This was quite apparent with the LO 3.3.2 "release" in sync with Ubuntu
Natty 11.04 with considerable breakage/bugs still in LO 3.3. Please tell
me that I'm wrong.