Hi Tom,

Thanks again for your previous assistance.... looks like LibO and OOo Impress have a
generic bug in that both versions lose links to audio files (MP3) and in particular are unable to
save a correctly structured .ppt conversion.

Whether anyone likes MS is not the point... that fact is that a huge proportion of world
commerce uses it and regardless of whether I like LibO if I want to keep doing business I
have to bow down to mass communication. That's why I said (in my view) that it's essential
for LibO to catch a wake-up and understand that if it was compatible then it would stand a
major chance of becoming the de facto office standard.

If you want to frighten off the mass market and give MS more fuel carry on being
incompatible.

You simply cannot expect a commercial concern who have already spent a fortune on MS
licences to download and use LibO just because I want to send them an non-standard slide
show. They won't change therefore if I want the business I have to.... end of story.

sincerely

timi