[ From users@libreoffice.org (Cor Nouws) on Saturday, February 05, 2011 ]

(eg, websafe colors, etc.). Nothing really new, per se -- Much like
GTK, Windows, QT, etc. -- Just not (yet) availble in LibO.

Sounds good :-)

Well, and it's far from being a showstopper for me. The vast majority of what I do works just fine
with paletted color. But, for example, a graphic designer (which I was in a past life :-) will use
hundreds if not thousands of individual, carefully chosen specific colors over the course of their
work and having to choose them via paletted subsets is counterproductive. Draw could certainly use
a picker that presents all possible 32-bit colors in a variety of models, as well as filters for
web, CMYK, Pantone, Toyo, etc. (not to mention knowledge of 4-color process printing, screen
angles, trapping, dot gain, service bureaus, etc., etc.). I've not used Illustrator in quite a
while, but even old CorelDRAW 9 <g> has a wide variety of "color presentations". But, one step at a
time.  :-)

And just to put myself in the proper context (so I'm not misunderstood)... I have a perfectly legal
purchased copy of MS Office 2003 here on my PC. However, an "upgrade" to MSO 2007 at work was the
final straw in prompting me to move back to LibO (actually OOo 3.1 at the time) here at home, where
I have control over it. I try to be very practical about it: I really like LibO and would like to
see it continue to improve. It's not perfect, but neither is anything else and I like it.

but ISTR seeing the "load palette from disk" option available
elsewhere. Has that been removed or am I remembering wrong?

I see it also in the page Background of drawing objects in Writer. So
maybe it even is on more places.

I'll have to look deeper, obviously.  :-)

Thanks again.
--
Len Philpot - l e n @ p h i l p o t . o r g   (no spaces)
<>   http://philpot.org/ - http://lphilpot.zenfolio.com