Hi Len,

Len Philpot wrote (06-02-11 01:13)

Via Tools>>  Options>  LibreOffice>  Colors you can add colors. I
think that is what you are looking for? Best, Cor

Well, sort of.   :-)

I realize it's possible to add *any* color(s) to a palette*, but in
order to have a truly universal /palette/, every possible 24/32 bit
combinations would have to be added. I would presume that is
impractical, if not impossible in realistic terms...? What I would
personally like to see is a color chooser widget with every possible
color directly selectable (whether by direct picking or via RGB / HSL
/ CMYK numbers, etc.), plus optionally the ability to save named
custom colors as well as to filter it to show only specific palettes
(eg, websafe colors, etc.). Nothing really new, per se -- Much like
GTK, Windows, QT, etc. -- Just not (yet) availble in LibO.

Sounds good :-)

* Although the only place I've found so far in LibO where a specific
(file) palette can be loaded from disk is on the background color
attrtibutes dialog in Draw. I don't have OOo installed any longer,
but ISTR seeing the "load palette from disk" option available
elsewhere. Has that been removed or am I remembering wrong?

I see it also in the page Background of drawing objects in Writer. So maybe it even is on more places.

Regards,
Cor