Re: [libreoffice-users] can' t run libreoffice in amd64 debian/lenny

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM, baldwin linguas
<baldwinlinguas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I'm using Debian, not Ubuntu.

Saem base OS - that shold help, not hurt....

> Now, the libreoffice files I installed, however, ARE the 64bit .debs
>
> All the libraries these programs are seeking are already installed on
> the machine,
> additionally.  I use aptitude all the time, but it's not going to
> solve this problem.
> I have the libcairo.so.2 (just like the libraries acroread and
> kompozer were seeking),
> it's just that it's in /usr/lib, not in /opt/libreoffice/program

Which libreoffice are you running?

I run LO 3.3.0 rc2 on Ubuntu 10.10 amd64 and I don't run soffice at
all - the base "program" to start LO is /usr/bin/libreoffice.

Soffice is a holdover from when OpenOffice was StarOffice, and LO has
grown beyond that.

I'd start there.