On 01/08/11 18:06, baldwin linguas wrote:
Hi,

I downloaded the debs for amd64 libreoffice, and did
dpkg -i *.debs in the DEBS dir.
Trying to run soffice from /opt (where it installed) gives:
/opt/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup error:
/opt/libreoffice/basis3.3/program/libcairo.so.2: undefined symbol:
pixman_region32_init

Same thing if I try to run individual components (i.e., swriter).

This is, as mentioned, on Debian/Lenny, amd64.
libcairo.so.2, incidentally, is in /usr/lib, not in /opt...
Obviously, it's looking in the wrong place for this library.
Oddly, I had similar trouble trying to run kompozer and acroread
(looking in the wrong place for libs),
although I'm sure that's completely unrelated to libreoffice.
All the same, I have all these same programs running fine on a 32bit
debian lenny machine in another room,
so, I can't help but think it has something to do with amd64.

please assist.

thanks,
tony

I know that there are a lot of 32-bit libraries that will be
included when you run a 32-bit program on a 64-bit Linux OS
I run Ubuntu 64-bit [Debian 64-bit], and also use Kompozer.
There is a Terminal command to try to help with dependent libraries.

Try:    sudo aptitude full-upgrade

Also if you can find the terminal install for kompozer or some other
32-bit app that does not work, you could try a version of

sudo aptitude install {the name of the item to be installed}

This command [according to my book] to download, unpack, install
the package[s] and those packages it depends on.  It has to be
something that can be installed from the repository, for your first try.
I do not know if it works with non-repository items like LO, since
"Aptitude" seems like another way to install packages instead of
through the Synaptic Package Manager.

I have run the "full-upgrade" and also gone through the Synaptic
package manager to look for any and all 32-bit libraries [lib32.....].
"lib32" search gave me 39 packages and I saw some "32-bit runtime"
in the list.  Also there are "support" libraries.  So see how many of these
are installed. There is some list, somewhere, of the 32-bit libraries
needed and a command to install them.  I just do not remember
what or where.

Try the full-upgrade [not update] and see if it works.  If not, try
to look for the 32-bit libraries in Synaptic and install them, as long
as they do not uninstall anything by doing so.  Or try to see if
you can use the "install" option for some 32-bit app.