       Thank you; I shall re-install LO now.

From: John Kaufmann <kaufmann@nb.net>
Date: Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Please your help with Libreoffice
To: anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com>

Most OS have some kind of store or registry to keep track of application
components and their file attributes. These are usually set by the
installer, and often saved in a log file to assist in
updates/modifications/deletions. Transferring that whole arrangement to a
new computer can be a tricky business, even if you are aware of the issues.
So the preferred approach is to simply *not* copy more complex
applications, and instead reinstall them so the installer can keep things
straight.

I'm not familiar with Macs [we lost ours when our youngest daughter to is
to school], so I can't even check how to find and eliminate all LO app
files -- maybe simple, maybe not. But to avoid further complications it
might be best to do so, *then* install.

Your documents will be fine; the only thing lost will be LO's document
history, which will be rebuilt as you begin to use LO on the new Mac.