Jarek,
Please, no apology; I was just trying to clarify.

Windows 11 is much like Windows 10 in this regard. When LO installed, it registered file types in the registry (the
installer calls that phase "component registration"), where all file types are registered.  Usually
Windows will let that pass for ODF files, but not for MS files, so you will need to do some tweaking: Settings >
Apps > Default apps.

There you can register the default app for any file type (or URL) in one of two ways: If you just have one file type to register
(say, Writer for .doc files), the quickest way is to go by "file type", using the box at the top of the page. If you
want to register all of the file types covered by LO components, the quickest way is to proceed by "app": just scroll
down to LibreOffice and open its components. There you have all LO components and the "default app" registration for
all file types covered by LO. You can make alternative choices there.

Finally: for a file type with no default app yet registered, Windows will ask you to choose from
the registry of apps serving that file type.

Kind regards,
John