On Wed, 2023-07-12 at 10:35 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2023 11:13:41 +0200
hw <hw@adminart.net> wrote:

Hello hw,

And adding to my previous;

If you select the entire sheet, then right click on a column and select
"Optimal Width...", guess what happens (rhetorical question).

Why can't that happen automatically when loading a file, or at least
with a single right click on the empty field.  Having to click and to
find and select the desired function from a more or less long list after
making another click is the opposite of user friendly.

Not only every time I open a spreadsheet I have to do that --- except
for the rare cases where I previously opened one and adjusted the column
width and saved it in a format that remembers it --- I also have to do
it after altering some of the columns and changing their contents so
they require a different width.

It is actually the most-used functionality when working with
spreadsheets, followed by copying and pasting.  Why is there no key
binding for it?